On Campus Graduate Admission
We do not require a GRE score for admission
Our program offers a master of science in the field of computer science. This program's main emphasis is oriented toward software and is most appropriate for candidates interested in the design, analysis, and implementation of software programs. In addition to the software emphasis, we offer some courses in security and information assurance. These courses are appropriate for candidates interested in design, implementation and policy issues related to security and information assurance.
Program Requirements (32 credit hours = 8 courses)
- 4 courses at the 500 level (student choice)
- 3 courses at either the 400 (above 410) or 500 level (student choice)
- CSC 540 Graduate Research Seminar
- See the current and past course offerings.
Admissions Requirements for Full Admission
Eligibility to the Computer Science Master’s Program
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a 4.0 scale is required
- A completed program of study similar to a bachelor’s degree in computer science
- All prerequisite courses completed
Applicants who do not meet all entrance requirements may be granted conditional admission.
- CSC 302 Discrete Structures or MAT 302 Discrete Math
- MAT 113 Business Calculus or MAT 115 Calculus I
- MAT 121 Applied Statistics
Computer Science Prerequisites
- CSC 225 Computer Programming Concepts I
- CSC 275 Computer Programming Concepts I
- CSC 376 Computer Organization
- CSC 385 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 388 Programming Languages
- CSC 389 Introduction to Operating Systems
Apply for Admission to the CSC Master’s Program
STEP 1: Complete and Submit the UIS Graduate Admission Application form
STEP 2: Turn in all required paperwork and documentation to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit all official transcripts from every college or university attended to the Office of Admissions
- Pay application fee (cash and wire transfers are not accepted)
- Addition information for non-international applicants can be found here
All documents should be submitted to:
- Office of Admissions
- University of Illinois Springfield
- One University Plaza, MS UHB 1080
- Springfield Il, 62703-5407
For general information, campus tours, financial information, scholarship information, housing information, and application resources please visit: UIS Admissions Web Site.
International Students Must Also Submit:
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- TOEFL: 550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 iBT
- IELTS: 6.0 academic module
- Submit a Pre-Enrollment Heath Record Form which includes vaccination history
Deadlines for all submitted paperwork for International Students
- June 1st for Fall terms
- November 1st for Spring Terms
- At this time we do not offer summer admission for international students
Full information is available here
All paperwork must be completed to receive admission and an I20
I20 Reference information can be found here: https://www.uis.edu/internationalstudentservices/newly-admitted-students/initial-form-i20/
STEP 3: Admission Decision
- You can check the status of your application here.
- Applications can not be reviewed unless all transcripts, fees, and documentations have been turned in.
- Applications are prescreened in the Admissions department to verify minimum admission requirements are met.
- After pre-screening applications are sent to the Computer Science Department for review. The decision will be sent back to the Office of Admissions within 3 business days.
- The Office of Admissions will notify you of the decision.
If you have questions about the Computer Science program or the application process please contact us at email@example.com